by Alfred Poor
I appreciate the many people and companies who provided materials and support for this project.
- The photographs of New York Harbor (used on the cover), Kennedy Airport (the NYA1 flight), and Newark Airport (NYA2 flight) were provided by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.
- The aerial photo of Block Island airport (NY2 flight) was provided by the Rhode Island Airport Corporation.
- The Columbia Airport photograph (SF1 flight) was provided by Frank Robinson of Aerial View Productions in Columbia, California.
- All four photographs used in the Chicago area flights were provided by Airpix of Romeo, Illinois.
- The opening photograph for the Seattle area and the Puget Sound photo (SE2 flight) came from a Vintage CD-ROM from Seattle Support Group, Pacific, Washington.
- All the other photographs were taken from Corel Professional Photos CD-ROMs, from Corel Corporation, Ottawa, Ontario.
I also want to thank Sean Tracy for teaching me how to fly, and to blame Dan Goodman for getting me hooked on it in the first place! I want to thank all the folks who have given me rides in their airplanes, especially Steve Gawrylewski and his beautiful Saratoga.
Thanks also go to the folks at Microsoft, BAO, MicroScene, and other companies for creating the products that made this book possible in the first place, and for providing support to me in this and other projects over the years. Special thanks go to Bruce Artwick, for having the vision, the skills, and the persistence to make this world of simulated flight a reality.
I also am grateful to Tim Boone and Gregory Harris and the rest of the people at the Cobb Group for giving me the opportunity to share my love of simulated and real flight.
And finally, thanks to my family—Bebe, Anna, and Alex—for their support in this project. It wouldn’t have gotten off the ground without all their help and hard work.
Table of Contents
Previous Section: Dedication
Next Section: Introduction