by Richard Sheffield
F-15 Strike Eagle I
Simulation Setup for Air Training and Practice
Skill level: Rookie
Mission: #1, Libya
• Start the game and take off.
• Arm and fire a short-range missile at the MiG that pops up in front of you. If this doesn't destroy it, follow and fire a second missile.
• Fly the plane back out to sea, away from the land mass.
• Either place the NAV cursor over the base or use the Horizontal Situation Display (map) to guide you.
• On your way out to sea, drop all bombs. This will improve the performance and handling of the aircraft.
Once you've completed this checklist, you're ready to practice maneuvers. Should an enemy aircraft appear on radar or should a target-designator box appear on the screen, fire a medium-range missile immediately. If this missile misses, grit your teeth and go after the target. Keep in mind, the best way to learn to fight is by fighting.