by Richard Sheffield
The Stall Turn
Minimum Speed: 500 knots (fully loaded); 400 knots (no bombs)
Minimum Altitude: None
• Pull back on the stick and climb until 90 degrees shows on the climb angle ladder on your screen (1). Climb straight up.
• As speed decreases, continue to climb (2).
• Cut power to 70 percent (3).
• The plane should stall and put you pointing toward the ground (4).
• Apply 100-percent power and pull back on the stick to fly straight and level, or continue to dive at your target. If you approach Mach 2, be prepared to extend your speedbrake (5).
You can stall your aircraft and use that as an element in this turning maneuver.