by Fred J. Calfior and Douglas W. Miller
1) At “500” feet AGL, turn towards the “GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE”
2) Climb to “3000” feet
“Incredible! Take a peek at this progressive building block of puzzle espionage and counter-espionage!
1) puzzle - implies such a baffling quality or such intricacy that one has great difficulty in understanding or solving it
2) perplex - in addition, implies uncertainty or even worry as to what to think, say, or do
3) confuse - implies a mixing up mentally to a greater or lesser degree
4) confound - implies such confusion as completely frustrates or greatly astonishes one
5) bewilder - implies such utter confusion that the mind is staggered beyond the ability to think clearly
6) to nonplus - is to cause such perplexity or confusion that one is utterly incapable of speaking, acting, or thinking further
7) dumbfound - specifically implies as its effect a nonplused or confounded state in which one is momentarily struck speechless
Well, thank heavens this Airienteering book is made up only of puzzles!”
3) When overhead the “GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE”, press “P” to pause the simulation
DME from OAK VOR_______________________(40 pts)
Radial from SFO VOR______________________(35 pts)
VSI __________________________________(15 pts)
Gear ____________________________________(10 pts)
Flaps ____________________________________(10 pts)
4) Press “P” to continue the simulation
5) Decipher the following cryptogram question.
Jt uif Benjojtusbups pg uif GBB bqqpjoufe cz uif Qsftjefou ps ijsfe cz uif Tfdsfubsz pg Usbotqpsubujpo?
If your answer is “Bqqpjoufe”, go to AirLeg 31
If your answer is “Ijsfe”, go to AirLeg 6