More Training for Computer Fighter Pilots
by Richard G. Sheffield
The Reverse Cuban Eight
The reverse Cuban eight is basically the same maneuver, but the roll is performed during the climbing portion of the maneuver. Start in the middle of the figure, not on the edge of a loop.
- Fly straight and level. (1)
- Pull up into a 45-degree climb and start an aileron roll while climbing. (2)
- Stop the roll when you reach the inverted position. (3)
- Pull back on the stick to start a dive, like the diving portion of a loop. (4)
- Pull out of the loop at your entry altitude. (5)
- Pull up into a 45-degree climb and repeat the process for the other half of the figure eight.
Figure 3-2. Reverse Cuban Eight