Air Combat Simulator Tactics and Maneuvers
by Richard G. Sheffield
To carry out a totally aggressive attack on two opponents may be exciting, but it's also very dangerous (or as dangerous as a simulation can get). History, however, is full of successful one-on-two accounts, so if the right opportunity presents itself, don't hesitate.
To aggressively attack two opponents, your bombs should be gone, and you should have plenty of fuel and at least two Sidewinders and two Sparrows.
- Fire off a Sparrow at one opponent to keep him busy for a minute or so (1).
- Head straight for enemy aircraft #2. You'll certainly have to dodge missiles here, so keep an eye out. An extra pair of hands and eyes here is very helpful (2).
- As you approach #2, cut power and try to out-turn your opponent for a gun shot (3).
- Keep an eye on the Sparrow chasing #1. If the missile hits or runs out of fuel, fire a Sidewinder at #2.
- If the Sparrow you first shot missed, and a Sidewinder shot at #2 also misses, break off the attack. Disengage and build up some airspeed; then repeat this procedure until one of the targets goes down.
- Move in for a one-on-one attack.