Air Combat Simulator Tactics and Maneuvers
by Richard G. Sheffield
The Stall Turn
|Minimum Speed||700 knots (fully loaded)|
|500 knots(no bombs)|
- Pull back on the stick and climb until no ground shows on your screen (1).
- As speed decreases continue to climb (2).
- Cut power to 70 percent (3).
- The plane should stall and put you pointing toward the ground (4).
- Apply 100 percent power and pull back on the stick to fly straight and level, or continue to dive at your target. If you approach Mach 2, be prepared to extend your speedbrake (5).
You can stall your aircraft and use that as an element in this turning maneuver.